Some times my late night brain kicks on. This is one of those kind of nights. It was a big day. Ryn's scores a new gig, just like she said she would. Of course she did because she can do anything she sets her mind to.
I am hoping to do a whole new type of writing that will just add to my own professional tool kit.
Then I watched a documentary on volcanoes and heard once again how Jellystone is going to blow its super volcano mind any day now and I wonder, what are we all doing anyway?
But you can't think like that.
It seems to me that we are now more capable than ever of seeing our species own doom. We predict it, as we have been doing for centuries with scientific pinpoint accuracy of sometime between the next 100 thousand years and Thursday of next week. Well the Mayans did better than that thousands of years ago. At least they had the balls to give a specific date. Nostradamus stuck his thoughts in rhyming couplets. I guess everybody has to have a schtick. Now if I were any sort of prophet, I would write in limericks:
The answer is in the sky
it gets clearer as time goes by.
Impossible to avoid
we'll be hit by a 'roid.
So kiss your ass goodbye.
See prophecy made fun!
When I get all freaked out like this I think- Are the ants upset? Hell no. They will just go on being ants until the big fire swallows them up. So I guess I should like from the insect world.
This is what happens when my brain stays up passed its bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment