I am bummed. It is fall already and I am wondering where the hell the summer went. Not that I don't love fall, I do. I just don't love winter all that much. It is not the season itself. I am aseasonal but, it is the cold and ice and snow. If I could have winter with out that, I am sure I would enoy it.
But I live in Canada and the chances of that happening are slim to none.
The thing is, I love a hot summer day. I love the way it feels, the way it smells. I love the look of it. Folks who whinge about the heat in the summer earn nothing but my contempt, because you know it will be the same whiny loogans that will bitch about the cold. So shut up! Remember how incredibly beautiful and hot it was in August because in February it is going to be cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey. Now that you can whine about... it is a whineable opportunity.
Regardless of my feelings, fall marches on.
Fall is like a beautiful heartless woman... Stunning and getting cooler by the minute.
I can only watch and admire her, grudgingly enjoying her progress and knowing she will loose her fleeting beauty and end up like all of us old, wrinkled and covered in snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment